Sunday 25 October 2009

long time appology

Hi every one, sorry I have not posted for a while, lots of pressure at work, I am now not redundant, hurrah. I am still awaiting the proof copy of the paperback of The Gate, will let you know when it is available. book two is coming on, it has been slow going as I was worrying about my job and every thing that goes with it. now i am safe i can start getting back into it with my full concentration.
had a bad month for September, according to the publishers i sold NO books for September but it can take months to get figures in fro all traders. Amazon say they have sold out three months running.
I am depressed at book stores, they will not stock shelves with a book unless they are a well known author, How are writers supposed to get known if the stores will only stock shelves with the likes of Terry Pratchett and other well known people. I know they need to make prophets but they are holding back good writers with this attitude. Come on people, give us all a chance. we make little enough on sales as it is without prejudice from the stores.

If you would like to read the artichle by Radio lancashire please click the pollowing link.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lancashire/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8185000/8185013.stm

Talk soon

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment